Skin Cancer Specialist
There are more cases of skin cancer each year than all other cancers combined. At Elias Dermatology®, the physicians screen for and treat skin cancer with the most advanced procedures. Patients in the areas of Ft. Lauderdale and Pembroke Pines, Florida can benefit from Doctors Matthew and Merrick Elias’ expertise in skin care for early detection, treatment, and prevention of skin cancer.
Best Dermatologist in South Florida
42 Year Old Cellulite Finally Gone! Fort Lauderdale, FL
39 Years Old Much Needed Refreshing – Fort Lauderdale, FL
So excited to finally meet Dr.Matthew Elias today and the team!
Wonderful brilliant doctor!
Had my first visit yesterday with Dr. Elias
I had a laser hair removal treatment
Dr. Matt Elias is the best!
One treatment of “Clear & Brilliant”
Dr. Merrick Elias has the fantastic energy and demeanor!
Shaura Martee Mills
Very caring great with all your concerns very accommodating
Cathleen McBride Sperry
Best of the best!
I highly recommend this office to all of my friends!
Dr has always been tops in his group
They are the best diagnosticians
Sharon Riba Elias
I love working with Dr. Matthew
I love my Doctor Matthew Elias!
Sandra H Statner
Dr. Elias is the best dermatologist in South Florida!
Skin Cancer Q&A
What Is skin cancer?
Skin cancer is the uncontrollable growth of cells on the skin which causes malignant tumors to develop. Skin cancer comes in various forms, including basal cell carcinoma (BCC), squamous cell carcinoma (SCC), and malignant melanoma, which is the most serious form of skin cancer. Often, early symptoms will appear as a mole, a pimple-like mark, or another skin blemish that the patient might dismiss as nothing. If left unchecked, the skin cancer spreads and can damage large areas of skin, causing the need for more aggressive treatments.
How are screenings performed?
Regular skin cancer screenings maximize your chances of early detection and a high cure rate. A full-body visual screening will be done to find any oddities that may be cancerous. If any skin blemishes or moles are discovered and are cause for concern, the doctor will discuss the findings and the next steps in the procedure. After a skin cancer screening is performed, a suspicious spot may require a biopsy, or small sample of the affected area, to be removed for further testing.
What types of treatment are available?
Elias Dermatology® offers a full array of skin cancer treatments that are used to create an individualized plan of treatment for each patient. Treatments include surgical and non-surgical options which are as minimally invasive and pain-free as possible.
Some of the options include:
- Mohs surgery – an advanced technique that precisely identifies and removes the entire tumor layer by layer, while leaving the surrounding healthy tissue unharmed.
- SRT-100 – Elias Dermatology® is the first dermatology practice in Fort Lauderdale to treat skin cancer with SRT-100, an FDA approved low-energy radiotherapy that goes no deeper than the thickness of the skin.
- Photodynamic Therapy – Levulan® Kerastick® plus blue light illumination using the BLU-U® Blue Light Photodynamic Therapy Illuminator is for the treatment of minimally to moderately thick actinic keratosis of the face or scalp.
- Topical Medications – used for Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Oral medication – for Advanced Basal Cell Carcinoma
Individuals in Fort Lauderdale, Pembroke Pines, or Davies who would like more information on laser tattoo removal should contact Elias Dermatology.