SculpSure Vs CoolSculpting Specialist
For individuals with muffin tops, love handles or any other stubborn fat pockets that won’t budge even with diet and exercise, there’s a new, non-invasive and pain-free sculpting treatment called SculpSure. At Elias Dermatology in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, our expert team has helped countless patients get the physique and figures they’ve always wanted with SculpSure treatment.
Best Dermatologist in South Florida
42 Year Old Cellulite Finally Gone! Fort Lauderdale, FL
39 Years Old Much Needed Refreshing – Fort Lauderdale, FL
So excited to finally meet Dr.Matthew Elias today and the team!
Wonderful brilliant doctor!
Had my first visit yesterday with Dr. Elias
I had a laser hair removal treatment
Dr. Matt Elias is the best!
One treatment of “Clear & Brilliant”
Dr. Merrick Elias has the fantastic energy and demeanor!
Shaura Martee Mills
Very caring great with all your concerns very accommodating
Cathleen McBride Sperry
Best of the best!
I highly recommend this office to all of my friends!
Dr has always been tops in his group
They are the best diagnosticians
Sharon Riba Elias
I love working with Dr. Matthew
I love my Doctor Matthew Elias!
Sandra H Statner
Dr. Elias is the best dermatologist in South Florida!
SculpSure Versus Coolsculpting Q & A
What is SculpSure?
SculpSure is new FDA-approved, non-invasive sculpting treatment that naturally eliminates accumulations of fat from hard-to-loose spots, like the flanks, abdomen, buttocks and thighs. It destroys fat cells through a controlled light-based laser that penetrates the skin’s surface in trouble spots. Once these fat cells are destroyed, they are naturally eliminated over the next 6 to 12 weeks through the body’s lymphatic system. This simple office procedure takes only about 25 minutes, and up to four different body areas can be treated simultaneously. There’s no pain, anesthesia or downtime.
What kind of results can I expect?
Patients routinely achieve up to a 24% reduction in fat after their initial treatment. Many patients opt for few follow-up sessions for more dramatic results. Best of all results are permanent. Once fat cells are destroyed, they can not come back. When a patient gains weight post-SculpSure treatment, fat will not accumulate in treated areas, but rather somewhere else in the body.
What are the advantages of SculpSure over Coolsculpting?
• Coolsculpting uses suction applicators, while SculpSure’s applicator is a flat sapphire crystal. Coolsculpting’s suction applicator has two major drawbacks. First, at least an inch of unwanted fat in any given area is required in order to adequately be sucked into the applicator to be destroyed. The second issue has to do with pain. The force required for suction can be extremely painful during the first 6 minutes of treatment, before the target area becomes numb. Many also report that this pain resumes following treatment, once the numbness has worn off.
• Coolsculpting uses cold to kill off fat cells, which according to numerous reports, can also cause long-term nerve damage, along with temporary nodules, bruising, and itching that can last weeks, even months, and require prescription medication to alleviate. By contrast, SculpSure utilizes a 1060nm diode laser, to generate heat deep in the skin and melt fat, without affecting the skin surface or any underlying structures. The heat of SculpSure does not damage any tissue other than fat, and there are no reported cases of post procedure nerve pain, numbness, itching, etc. There may be some swelling and bruising after treatment that typically lasts less than 24 hours and amazingly you can return right to work or even the gym immediately after treatment
• SculpSure is able to treat up to four different areas of the body in a single 25-minute session., Coolsculpting is able to treat just one area at a time. If an office has two Coolsculpting machines available, it can offer Dual Sculpting, which cuts treatment time in half. Still, that means it will typically take 3 to 4 hours to treat an average patient’s abdomen and flanks.
• The Coolsculpting suction applicator can cause “shelving,” a demarcation between the treated and non-treated areas, also known as “a shark bite.” SculpSure’s applicator sits on top of the skin and does not use suction. The SculpSure laser also permits for tapering so there are no delineations between treated and non-treated areas.
• A bonus, because SculpSure uses heat it also may stimulate collagen to tighten skin in addition to destroying fat.